it happens for a reason

staying up late is easy.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

LISTENING TODAY:
WILEY- 'BASTARD'
ROLL DEEP- 'PICK YRSELF UP
ROLL DEEP- 'REMEMBER THE DAYS'


it's funny how although i don't listen to half as much grime as i did, there are still some times when i need certain lyrics, and i need to go back to it.

"WHEN AM I GONNA LEARN,
MAKING MISTAKES ENDLESS TIMES,
...MY ONLY EXCUSE IS THAT I AM A BASTARD"

"I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO IT TO MYSELF"

"BEFORE NONE OF THIS SEEMED POSSIBLE,
EVERYTHING WAS IMPOSSIBLE...
I WANT TO LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE NO ONE WILL FIND ME"


sometimes that feels right.
'bastard' is an old wiley track, from 2003 or 2004 i think. it was on the lord of the decks dvd. dooggz introduces him as , 'kylie cat'. it's a very odd production, a chicken scratch guitar and halting, stuttering rhythm that sounds cheap and brilliant. i dunno who produced it- i think woebot told me once, but i forgot.

when you hear these old wiley tracks, you can hear he sounds a little like doogz: the influence coming across despite their mutual hatred at that point. in 2005 he sounded a bit like trim. nowadays, he sounds a little like skepta. his voice is not only his voice. his voice is a record of a time in the scene.
wiley IS grime, in so many ways...

2 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

5:01 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home